For the fourth year, the Film Finance Forum will take place during the Cannes Film Festival 2013. The forum has established itself as one of the great meeting places for everyone involved in the business side of of film-making, notably financiers, producers, sales agents and lawyers. The event will be hosted on May 17, 2013 at the Intercontinental Carlton Hotel.
Film finance 2013
The half-day program will examine international issues such as what it takes to make films today; worldwide sales and distribution strategies; emerging film finance resources; applying risk mitigation across borders; co-production opportunities and strategies; subsidies and incentive updates; and a featured conversation with IMAX CEO Rich Gelfond on the globalization of entertainment.
- Global State of the Industry: How to Get Films Financed and Made Today
- Smart Money Strategies: Applying Risk Mitigation Across Borders
- Globalization of Entertainment: A Conversation with Rich Gelfond, CEO of IMAX
- Co-Production: Navigating Cross-Border Single Picture Projects
- International Distribution Strategies in a Changing Landscape
The talks are followed by the inevitable networking session, which is an essential part of talks of this nature – and the true reason people come to Cannes.
The speakers include senior executives from Fintage House, Participant Media, Imax, the European producers Club and The Weinstein Company. So it is likely to attract a very focused audience.
Film Finance Forum is organised by Winston Baker in association with Variety magazine. For details visit Film Finance Forum, Cannes 2013.