For the second time, the European Union’s Euromed Audiovisual III programme is launching the MADE in MED short film contest which aims to boost dialogue between the EU and countries of the Southern Mediterranean .
MADE in MED is open to filmmakers originally from or living in the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia.
To take part, films must be between 2 and 10 minutes long, have been produced after November 2010, and be in English, Arabic or French. Films in any other language must be subtitled in English, French or Arabic.
Defending human rights
- The EU is looking for film that illustrate the importance of human rights, as well as the importance of dialogue and tolerance in relations between peoples;
- Provide new, original and innovative perspective on the themes of integration, immigration and the threat of conflict;
- Raise awareness about the importance of protecting the environment, part of the region’s natural heritage;
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of other cultures as a way to fight against prejudice, clichés, stereotypes and sources of conflict or misunderstandings;
- Explore the collective imaginary and mutual representations;
- Underline the diversity and richness of peoples of both sides of the Mediterranean;
- Highlight the right to difference.
Win a trip to Cannes 2014
- An international jury will select three winners who will be invited to attend the 2014 Cannes International Film Festival (travel + per diem + a 5-day accreditation + promotion in the Short Film Corner: accreditation, networking, presence on the stand, participation in the conference and events.
Script experts and project development specialists will also analyse the three winning filmmakers’ film projects in development (whether short, feature, fiction or documentary).
- Members of the public will vote for one runner-up to receive an honorary prize from ten selected short films.
For details, visit the Euromed website.