This year’s Cannes Film Festival will have more conferences than ever. Film Finance TV are hosting two events this year, one of which can also be watched from your office.
This major new event at Cannes will take a look at financing all day May 19, 2013. What are the pitfalls, the prospects and what are the new rules in film financing?
Top level industry executives attending the Film festival in Cannes will discuss on camera topics including:
- New worldwide distribution strategies including digital platforms
- International sales strategies have changed to match the buyers demands and price levels
- Sales agency deals offer short windows, low fees and significant Minimum Guarantees for producers
- New financing sources in the senior debt, mezzanine arena are coming in aggressively
- Tax credit and co-production treaties around the world are being updated to accommodate the financial changes in the industry
- Investors being offered solid finance vehicles with minimum performance pay-out and a focus on risk mitigation through bankable assets backing their investment
Confirmed speakers include:
Fredrik Malmberg, Paradox Entertainment, Joseph Woolf, One West Bank, Shebnem Askin Schreger, Twentieth Century Fox, Jasper van Hecker, Universal Pictures, Peter Iacon, Lionsgate, Jim Mullany, Salem Partners, Bill Johnson, Lotus Entertainment, Roeg Sutherland, CAA, Jon Shiffman, MPH Entertainment, Jeanette Buerling & Michele Ohayon, Magnet Media Group, Judith Chaan, Coutts Bank, Warren Goz, DWB Finance, Adrian Politofski, UMedia, Mark Horowitz, H2O Motion Pictures, Chris McGurk, Cinedigm Entertainment Group and many more.*
Film Finance Forum and event
The forum, which will also go out as a live stream on May 196 2013 from 10 am (price $299), will be followed by a private reception on the MMG yacht (entrance $399). For the latest programme details, visit Film Finance TV.