Germany has just announced the first companies that will be present at the German Pavilion at this year’s Cannes Film festival and Film Market (Marché du Film), 14 – 25 May 2014.
For the 14th time in 2014, German Films and FOCUS Germany are joining forces to showcase their activities.
The German Pavilion: focus on German film
The German Pavilion in the International Village has been a popular platform for many years. People can get to know each other personally and build business exchanges between accredited festival delegates from the German and international film industries in Cannes. The pavilion’s location right next to the Festival Palais is ideal for making new contacts during a visit or spending time on the attractive seaside terrace to read the latest trade news. The view of the sea and the Croisette as well as the pavilion’s pleasant atmosphere not only offer a break from the festival madness, but also inspiration for new projects and conversations.
FOCUS Germany is the amalgamation of the seven major regional film funds.
The following institutions will be represented at the German Pavilion:
- FilmFernsehFonds Bayern,
- Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein, Film- und Medienstiftung Nordrhein-Westfalen,
- Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg,
- Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung und nordmedia Fonds Niedersachsen Bremen;
- the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM),
- German Federal Film Board (FFA) and German Films Service + Marketing GmbH.
As one of the major producers (and by extension co-producers) in Europe, the German pavilion is generally a busy venue in Cannes. For details, visit German Films.