People come to Cannes for different reasons. Unless you’re “just hanging”, you want to meet people and pick up leads and tips at Cannes. So outside of meetings I have a tendency to check out the receptions, conferences and networking events. The American Pavilion, Kodak and UK Film Centre have great conference programmes.
Over the coming days, here are some other events you might want to catch:
- Digital LA cocktails, Fri 14, 4-6pm at the Caffé Roma
- EU’s Observatoire de l’Audiovisuel launches new version of Korda database of public funding for movies May 15, Riviera stand A6
- “Happy Sake Hour” at the Japan Pavilion, Saturday May 15, 3-6pm. Booth No: 141 (Village International)
- New Irish Cinema Reception Rado Plage La Croisette beach between Carlton and Martinez Sunday, May 16 from 5.30
- ‘What Next for Microbudget Movies?’ Monday 17 May, 3.00-4.00 pm at the UK Film Centre
- Networking event organised by VPV at the Brasserie du Casino May 18 at 11am
- Krzysztof Kieslowski ScripTeast Award to be presented on Wednesday, May 19 at Plage des Palmes. 5pm.
If you have any events worth tipping, please fee free to drop a note below. More tips will be posted on the Twitter account as they are announced.
The photo is from “”Mr Nice”, the true story of Howard Marks, showing at the Star 6pm Friday 14 and 5.30 on Sunday 16. Contact Independent Film Company.
Cool, I’ve been visiting your blog for a while now and I always find a gem in your new posts. Thanks for sharing. 😛
I’ve been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this web site. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your site?
At least once a week. Lots happening on the Twitter account too: http://www.twitter.com/cannesorbust