Good news for the hospitality sector in Cannes – and indeed the property business worldwide! MIPIM has announced that it will be back in Cannes September 7-8, 2021. This special event – dubbed the September Edition – will give the industry the opportunity to meet again and re-organise for the coming year.
The property business, like many others, has a lot of catching up to do. Over the past year, trends have been radically disturbed, as well as construction and investment plans across the globe.
MIPIM 2021 intends to look at key issues from the perspective of deconfinement, asking what forces will now be at play.
- Which is the best path for a sustainable economy?
- What are the main ESG opportunities and challenges?
- Which is the best model to build social inclusion in this new era?
- How can real estate protect cities from global warming?
- How is the real estate industry rethinking the purpose of buildings?
- How is physical distancing affecting different real estate asset classes, and for how long will it go on?
- To what extent is innovation key to overcoming the current crisis? And to achieving sustainable growth?
- What does this ‘new world, new era’ look like?
The September Edition is shorter than the usual MIPIM by two days. It will also feature a number of delegates appearing remotely.
Special events for MIPIM 2021
MIPIM’s events are an important part of the show. Three major elements will provide the backbone for business visitors:
- a start-up competition to showcase interesting new countries in different property markets
- matchmaking sessions to expand participants’ networks
- the celebrated MIPIM Awards ceremony, saluting remarkable projects from the previous year.
Speakers that have been announced include Sophie Boissard, CEO of Korian; Yvan Bourgnon, chairman and founder of The SeaCleaners, and Betrand Piccard, chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation.
How much does MIPIM 2021 cost?
The full on-site experience is currently available €1,000, with digital passes at €250 and @450. Startups qualify for a special pass at €700. For more details, visit their website at MIPIM.